Monday, November 12, 2012

Fast and Furiously.

¡Hola!  Seeing some of the success that my other tutorials are getting, I am fast and furiously creating new tutorials.  I have implemented the viewing of the tutorials with my Spanish 1, 2 and 4 classes.  I haven't yet with Spanish 5 only because we have been finishing up with a major grammar point.

I'm going to put the cards on the table and be completely honest.  Yes, it is time consuming.  To create the Spanish 4 tutorial that I, hopefully, will post here, it took me 3 hours, start to finish.  I first created the power point.  I then created the google form that I would use as a guided practice/application sheet. Lastly, I recorded my voice over the presentation.  Is it perfect?  Absolutely not!  While speaking, I made some grammar mistakes, (it's in Spanish), which I corrected, but then again, this might happen in class as well.  In another tutorial, my son walked in screaming.  I had to delete that one because I am not quite that adept at editing my recordings yet.

It takes a little time to post them to the Sophia.org website where I have chosen to upload all of my content.  (No more than 20 minutes.)  I am also able to upload the google form that I want them to fill out to ensure they have viewed the tutorial.  (This is their homework.)

I have also used the google form as a survey to see what problems there were with my tutorial or anything else.  I have received some great comments!  One in particular was that students needed more than just one day advance to view the tutorial because they might not be near a computer to watch the tutorial within that time period.

Which brings me back to why I have been creating them so quickly.  I want to upload as many as I can so that students can work at their own pace, but within the contents of the unit.  I would like to be able to give them a 3 day period of time to view the tutorials.  So far, this has been the case due to days off and weekends.

The issue I am still tackling is what to do when the students don't view the tutorial for the day it's due.  I welcome any and all suggestions!!!

Here is the video that I created for my Spanish 4 class.  It's all in Spanish with some English mixed in judiciously.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry! The video did not load. You can go on Sophia.org and check it out. It's under Spanish 4 and the title is El Pretérito y El Imperfecto.

    ReplyDelete